This will be the fourth debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.
Israel-Hamas War topics to look out for in the Presidential Debate
Stella Muzin, Editor-in-Chief • June 26, 2024

The presidential debate on June 27 may seem to be no different from that of the 2020 election, but really, there is so much more for Joe Biden...

Lions On Film: What advice do you have for students entering your current grade next year?
Mia Forseter, Sports Editor • June 2, 2024

Money doesn’t grow on trees
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Ari Kittrie, Managing Editor, Web • June 2, 2024

The end of the school year means juniors like myself will soon need to consider tuition prices for higher education across the United States....

Summer shouldn't be serious
Aliza Bellas, Managing Editor, Copy • June 2, 2024

Since I was seven years old, I’ve spent my academic years looking forward to my three-week session at Capital Camps each summer. Despite any...

Education miscalculation
Education miscalculation
Maiya Blumenthal and Aviv SteinJune 2, 2024

When I went to Israel with my family for the first time in the summer of 2018, I was captivated by the country. Not only did I love walking around...

Bring them home
Bring them home
The Lion's TaleJune 2, 2024

In the midst of all of the protests seen on various college campuses across the country, it seems as though the Israel-Hamas war has become even...

Summer setlist

Photo illustration by Cati Werbin. Photos credits: Flickr.com, Sabrinacarpenter.com, Commons.wikkemedia.org, Sonymusic.com, Zachbryan.com, Summerwalker.com, Drakerelated.com

“Espresso” by Sabrina Carpenter 

Sabrina Carpenter’s new single immediately caught people’s attention with its lively backtrack and catchy lyrics. The song’s subject is someone’s addictive obsession with Carpenter, hinted at by the caffeine-inspired title. Carpenter uses playful lyrics to suggest her effect on the guy and his infatuation with her. The lyrics are accompanied by a satisfying delivery, particularly in the stretching out of certain syllables in the words “relate” and “singer.” With fun vibes and expressive lyrics, “Espresso” captures the carefree essence of summer, making it a necessary addition to any sunny day playlist.

“Hell N’ Back” by Bakar ft. Summer Walker

While “Hell N’ Back” was originally released in 2019 by Bakar, the latest version of the song featuring Summer Walker came out in September 2023 and breathed life into the song with delightful harmonies and nuanced verses. Walker’s verse not only compliments Bakar’s, but also adds a more upbeat conclusion to the song. When Bakar asks “Could you tell where my head was at when you found me?” Walker responds in her verse, “I could tell where your head was at when I found you.” The additions in Walker’s verse transform the song from portraying a dysfunctional relationship to a cheerful one

“Passionfruit” by Drake 

Filled with nostalgia and upbeat rhythm, “Passionfruit” is an oldie but a classic, perfect for any summer day. “Passionfruit” is a song about trust in a long-distance relationship, with Drake singing over a dreamy, tropical beat. Released as part of Drake’s 2017 album “More Life,” this track blends elements of R&B, rap and pop into a single irresistible song. Drake’s smooth vocals, accompanied by a windows-down chorus, reels listeners in. Whether lounging by the pool with friends, cruising down coastal highways or enjoying a sunset on the beach, “Passionfruit” provides the perfect sound for any paradise setting.

“I Remember Everything” by Zach Bryan and Kacey Musgraves 

Fitting for a campfire with friends, this song hits melodies of country. Released in 2023 as part of Zach Bryan’s self-titled album, the song follows a man reminiscing about a past relationship. Accompanied by a minimalistic acoustic guitar backtrack, the song is accessible for guitar players of any skill level, making it perfect for a summer night sing-along. The song’s lyrics, “Cold shoulder at closing time you were begging me to stay ‘til the sun rose” sung by both Bryan and Musgraves create a sense of an impending end to their relationship that they both don’t want to let go, mirroring the conclusion of summer camps and other beloved summer activities.