Lions hold up banner after defeating Sandy Spring in the championship.
Varsity softball wins championship two years in a row
Tyler Portnoy, Reporter • May 19, 2024

Crack. The bat hits the ball and sophomore Carrine Shemesh sprints towards first base as sophomore Eliana Wolf crosses the plate, scoring the...

The baseball team has two managers who can be found at the majority of the baseball teams games, Jordan Levy (‘24) and junior Josh Berl.
All bases covered: managers support the baseball team
Vivi Ducker, Features Editor • May 17, 2024

When in attendance at any of the CESJDS varsity baseball team’s games this year, next to the players on the bench, the baseball team managers....

Lions on Film: Zimriyah 2024
Abby Chesman, Media Editor • May 16, 2024

Lions in the Big Apple
Abby Chesman, Multimedia Editor • May 16, 2024

Sports like softball require more specific gear than other sports, as freshman Yarden Wilkenfeld sports a lot equipment from gear stores in the area.
Where to find the best sports gear in the area
Gigi Gordon, In-Depth Editor • May 15, 2024

Finding high-quality, low-cost sports gear has become quite the challenge these days. With countless websites and stores it can be hard to make...

Members of the swim team wear googles the day of their swim meet. Photo used with permission from Stella Muzin.
Strength in spirit: how sports teams get energized before games
Sophie Schwartz, Opinion Editor • May 14, 2024

Walking down the hallway on an early Tuesday morning, members of the girls varsity softball team can be seen wearing rain themed outfits. Despite...

Upcoming concerts you should attend

Although+they+can+be+pricey%2C+concerts+are+a+great+way+to+spend+time+and+vibe+to+music+with+friends.++
Stella Muzin
Although they can be pricey, concerts are a great way to spend time and vibe to music with friends.

We are only about three weeks out until summer break, and like everyone else, I am excited to do some of my favorite activities during the free time, one of them being attending concerts. Thankfully, this summer and early fall, an array of artists are making their way to Maryland and D.C. Here are some of my top recommendations for summer concerts you should attend. 

This July, the popular singer-songwriter and actress Olivia Rodrigo is bringing her “GUTS” world tour to Capital One Arena. Rodrigo will be in D.C. for one night only on July 20, and although sold out on Ticketmaster, you can still find tickets for the concert on StubHub, SeatGeek and Vivid Seats. Rodrigo will mostly be performing hits from her newest album, “GUTS,” but will also be including popular hits from her 2021 album “Sour.” I am extremely excited not only for the music, but also for the atmosphere this concert will bring. If you like pop music, Rodrigo is a must-see artist. 

“The Saviors Tour” by popular rock band Green Day will be performing at Nationals Park on July 29, and if you are a rock fan this is not an event to miss. Green Day has had many hits since first starting up in 1987, such as popular songs like “Boulevard of Broken Dreams,” “The Saints Are Coming” and “When I Come Around” but they are especially known for their lively presence on stage. Additionally, the group hasn’t been in D.C. for two years, making it a unique opportunity listeners don’t want to miss. 

Up-and-coming pop singer-songwriter Tate McRae’s “Think Later” tour is coming to the Anthem on Aug. 13, and the event is one I am highly anticipating. Although McRae has been releasing popular music for years such as hits like “You Broke Me First,” she has recently seen a rise in listeners as songs like “Greedy” and “Exes” from her new top charting album “Think Later.” I have been a fan of McRae for three years now and have seen her perform at three different concerts, but I am especially excited to attend this upcoming tour because of the momentum McRae has gained since I last saw her this past September. McRae’s past concerts have always exceeded expectations, between her strong vocals and dance moves. If you have heard McRae’s popular songs on TikTok and are looking for a new go-to pop artist, I recommend attending this event. 

“USHER: Past Present Future Tour” is USHER’s first tour since 2018. Although he has performed at music festivals since then, the atmosphere of a tour is particularly exciting as it means that only USHER is performing, whereas at festivals he would be alongside other artists. USHER, who has been a popular R&B and pop artist since the 1990s, will be at Capital One Arena on Aug. 19 and Aug. 21. He recently performed at the SuperBowl Halftime Show in 2024 and now is on tour, performing class hits like “Yeah!” and “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” along with new songs like “Ruin” and “Risk It All.” This concert is a great opportunity to learn his new songs as well as dance to some 2010’s hits, and I highly recommend buying tickets with friends.

Overall, concerts are one of my favorite things to attend. Although they can be pricey, the experience you get from seeing your favorite musicians live is simply unmatched. I highly recommend checking TicketMaster, StubHub or VividSeats to look for tickets to any of these concerts and more.