Considering the high rates of cybercrime, people should keep their social media accounts private.
Share with care: People should keep social media accounts private
Leora Blumenthal, Reporter • February 29, 2024

As I scroll through Instagram, I see User 1981918 commented on a girl my age’s post, “go do the world a favor and kill yourself.” I imagine...

Israels most recent Eurovision win was in 2018, when Netta performed Toy. Photo used with permission.
Opinion: Israel should still participate in Eurovision
Aliza Bellas, Managing Editor, Copy • February 28, 2024

Just ten days ago, I stood in a crowd of over 3,000 Jewish teens watching Noa Kirel perform her hit Eurovision song, “Unicorn.” Although...

Ninio (far right) and family traveled Puerto Rico over winter break during Ninios time at JDS. Photo provided by Gili Schisterman.
JDS welcomes Israeli students relocated due to Israel-Hamas War
Maya Greenblum and Jordana DauberFebruary 28, 2024

As soon as Hamas’ attack on Israel occurred on Oct. 7, the realities of Israeli citizens were flipped upside down, causing a number of unprecedented...

Mosaic Cuisine is worth a visit

Sophia Leinwand
Mosaic Cuisine offers a variety of dishes, one of the most popular being the Belgian waffles.

Mosaic Cuisine, founded in 2001 by French Chef Thierry J, is a charming family-owned French restaurant nestled in The Shops at Congressional Village. It has an enjoyable dining experience accompanied by delicious food and classy decor. This is just a fraction of Mosaic Cuisine’s appeal. The variety of well-seasoned food and sophisticated decor is why I highly recommend this restaurant. 

When I entered the restaurant during brunch time on a Sunday, I could tell by the minimal available seating that no one wanted to miss out on everything Mosaic Cuisine has to offer. The restaurant is equipped with comfortable booth seating including high booths that provide privacy while still being immersed in the lively atmosphere. In addition to the booth seating, there were plenty of tables available, a bar area and outdoor seating.

I immediately noticed the soft lighting coming from the chandeliers hanging over every table, giving off a calm and soft atmosphere. The neutral colors and dimmed lighting added to the welcoming feel.

Because it was brunch, there were a significant number of people trying to get seated,  resulting in a short five-minute wait. However when I returned for an additional visit during dinner time, it was more quiet. During both of these times, the wait service was speedy and attentive.

When I was seated, I was given the brunch/lunch menu which is served from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. I perused the menu and came across a multitude of appetizing dishes. I ordered one of their specialty gluten-free Belgian Waffles with powdered sugar, whipped cream and strawberries ($7.00).

Shortly after, the waitress came out with my food. The waffles, sweetened to perfection, were delicious, to say the least. The combination of strawberries and whipped cream pushed it over the top and washing it down with freshly squeezed orange juice ($3.75) made the dish a total success. 

Despite having devoured my meal, I managed to take a bite of the waffle French toast with the side of scrambled eggs ($15.00) which my dining partner ordered. The eggs were well seasoned with a satisfying savory after-taste, but nothing out of the ordinary. The waffle French toast dipped in syrup was a sweet and tasty way to end brunch.

Along with the brunch menu, Mosaic Cuisine provides a dinner menu and a dessert menu. In addition to this, they provide gluten-free and vegetarian indicators next to each item. This is useful, especially as someone who often struggles with finding restaurants willing to accommodate my dietary restrictions.

After going again for dinner, I found I enjoyed the restaurant even more. I ordered the Trio Sampler ($12.00) which is an efficient way to get a taste for all of Mosaic Cuisine’s most famous soups. I thoroughly enjoyed each of them, however the sweet potato bisque stood out to me the most. The smooth and creamy texture and subtle sweetness incorporated into the mere delectability. 

Having been known for their sublime waffles, it doesn’t come as a surprise that they incorporate it into many of the dishes, whether it be for dinner or breakfast. 

For my main meal, I got a mango French brie waffle. This included a multitude of tastes, all complementing one another to enhance the overall flavor. The sweet potato fries ($9.00) were fried and crispy to excellence. The sweet taste was a delight on my palette. The French fries were slightly less crisp than the sweet potato fries, however I enjoyed them nonetheless.Cuisine 

The dining experience at Mosaic Cuisine was a delight and should not be missed out on. I recommend stopping by for a casual sit-down meal and enjoy the variety of dishes. Mosaic Cuisine stands out as a delightful dining destination that offers an enjoyable experience for those seeking a touch of elegance in their meals.