This will be the fourth debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.
Israel-Hamas War topics to look out for in the Presidential Debate
Stella Muzin, Editor-in-Chief • June 26, 2024

The presidential debate on June 27 may seem to be no different from that of the 2020 election, but really, there is so much more for Joe Biden...

Lions On Film: What advice do you have for students entering your current grade next year?
Mia Forseter, Sports Editor • June 2, 2024

Money doesn’t grow on trees
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Ari Kittrie, Managing Editor, Web • June 2, 2024

The end of the school year means juniors like myself will soon need to consider tuition prices for higher education across the United States....

Summer shouldn't be serious
Aliza Bellas, Managing Editor, Copy • June 2, 2024

Since I was seven years old, I’ve spent my academic years looking forward to my three-week session at Capital Camps each summer. Despite any...

Education miscalculation
Education miscalculation
Maiya Blumenthal and Aviv SteinJune 2, 2024

When I went to Israel with my family for the first time in the summer of 2018, I was captivated by the country. Not only did I love walking around...

Bring them home
Bring them home
The Lion's TaleJune 2, 2024

In the midst of all of the protests seen on various college campuses across the country, it seems as though the Israel-Hamas war has become even...

Mosaic Cuisine is worth a visit

Sophia Leinwand
Mosaic Cuisine offers a variety of dishes, one of the most popular being the Belgian waffles.

Mosaic Cuisine, founded in 2001 by French Chef Thierry J, is a charming family-owned French restaurant nestled in The Shops at Congressional Village. It has an enjoyable dining experience accompanied by delicious food and classy decor. This is just a fraction of Mosaic Cuisine’s appeal. The variety of well-seasoned food and sophisticated decor is why I highly recommend this restaurant. 

When I entered the restaurant during brunch time on a Sunday, I could tell by the minimal available seating that no one wanted to miss out on everything Mosaic Cuisine has to offer. The restaurant is equipped with comfortable booth seating including high booths that provide privacy while still being immersed in the lively atmosphere. In addition to the booth seating, there were plenty of tables available, a bar area and outdoor seating.

I immediately noticed the soft lighting coming from the chandeliers hanging over every table, giving off a calm and soft atmosphere. The neutral colors and dimmed lighting added to the welcoming feel.

Because it was brunch, there were a significant number of people trying to get seated,  resulting in a short five-minute wait. However when I returned for an additional visit during dinner time, it was more quiet. During both of these times, the wait service was speedy and attentive.

When I was seated, I was given the brunch/lunch menu which is served from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. I perused the menu and came across a multitude of appetizing dishes. I ordered one of their specialty gluten-free Belgian Waffles with powdered sugar, whipped cream and strawberries ($7.00).

Shortly after, the waitress came out with my food. The waffles, sweetened to perfection, were delicious, to say the least. The combination of strawberries and whipped cream pushed it over the top and washing it down with freshly squeezed orange juice ($3.75) made the dish a total success. 

Despite having devoured my meal, I managed to take a bite of the waffle French toast with the side of scrambled eggs ($15.00) which my dining partner ordered. The eggs were well seasoned with a satisfying savory after-taste, but nothing out of the ordinary. The waffle French toast dipped in syrup was a sweet and tasty way to end brunch.

Along with the brunch menu, Mosaic Cuisine provides a dinner menu and a dessert menu. In addition to this, they provide gluten-free and vegetarian indicators next to each item. This is useful, especially as someone who often struggles with finding restaurants willing to accommodate my dietary restrictions.

After going again for dinner, I found I enjoyed the restaurant even more. I ordered the Trio Sampler ($12.00) which is an efficient way to get a taste for all of Mosaic Cuisine’s most famous soups. I thoroughly enjoyed each of them, however the sweet potato bisque stood out to me the most. The smooth and creamy texture and subtle sweetness incorporated into the mere delectability. 

Having been known for their sublime waffles, it doesn’t come as a surprise that they incorporate it into many of the dishes, whether it be for dinner or breakfast. 

For my main meal, I got a mango French brie waffle. This included a multitude of tastes, all complementing one another to enhance the overall flavor. The sweet potato fries ($9.00) were fried and crispy to excellence. The sweet taste was a delight on my palette. The French fries were slightly less crisp than the sweet potato fries, however I enjoyed them nonetheless.Cuisine 

The dining experience at Mosaic Cuisine was a delight and should not be missed out on. I recommend stopping by for a casual sit-down meal and enjoy the variety of dishes. Mosaic Cuisine stands out as a delightful dining destination that offers an enjoyable experience for those seeking a touch of elegance in their meals.