This will be the fourth debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.
Israel-Hamas War topics to look out for in the Presidential Debate
Stella Muzin, Editor-in-Chief • June 26, 2024

The presidential debate on June 27 may seem to be no different from that of the 2020 election, but really, there is so much more for Joe Biden...

Lions On Film: What advice do you have for students entering your current grade next year?
Mia Forseter, Sports Editor • June 2, 2024

Money doesn’t grow on trees
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Ari Kittrie, Managing Editor, Web • June 2, 2024

The end of the school year means juniors like myself will soon need to consider tuition prices for higher education across the United States....

Summer shouldn't be serious
Aliza Bellas, Managing Editor, Copy • June 2, 2024

Since I was seven years old, I’ve spent my academic years looking forward to my three-week session at Capital Camps each summer. Despite any...

Education miscalculation
Education miscalculation
Maiya Blumenthal and Aviv SteinJune 2, 2024

When I went to Israel with my family for the first time in the summer of 2018, I was captivated by the country. Not only did I love walking around...

Bring them home
Bring them home
The Lion's TaleJune 2, 2024

In the midst of all of the protests seen on various college campuses across the country, it seems as though the Israel-Hamas war has become even...

Bethesda’s Andy’s Pizza is worth a visit

Award-winning+Andys+Pizzas+offers+a+vast+variety+of+flavors+you+may+not+find+at+other+pizza+places.+++
Lena Nadaner
Award-winning Andy’s Pizza’s offers a vast variety of flavors you may not find at other pizza places.

The Montgomery-County-Native-owned Andy’s Pizza brought its award-winning slices to Bethesda, impressing with their tasty pies, perfect crust and lively atmosphere. 

With seven locations scattered across D.C. and Virginia, Andy’s Pizza was the 2021 winner of the International Pizza Challenge and was declared the best pizza by many local magazines. 

As I walked into the restaurant, which is located on East-West Highway, I was drawn in by the bright red sign above the bar that read “Andy’s Pizza” and the vibrant yet calm atmosphere.  

At the counter, I noticed all the varieties of pizzas showcased, as well as the starters and salads on the menu. Once I picked my slices, they were put through a conveyor belt to warm up, which made the slices toasty and the cheeses melt to perfection. 

The first slice I tried was the “Mushroom & Onion,” ($4.50) and I was pleasantly surprised by the rich, charred onions, roasted garlic cream sauce and mushrooms along with the crispy crust. The crust and onions were so good that I wanted to eat them alone. Even though I typically prefer tomato-sauced-based pizzas, the unique flavors of this slice soothed my tastebuds, making it my favorite slice at Andy’s Pizza and a must-try.

A close second was the “Margherita” ($4.50) with its tangy tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and basil, making it a great slice that you should definitely order. 

After, I tasted the “White” ($4.50) with roasted garlic cream sauce, mozzarella, provolone and ricotta. Though my first bite had the perfect crunch from the crust, the pizza lacked flavor, especially compared to the “Mushroom & Onion.” 

Although the classic “Cheese” ($4.50) slice is award-winning, it was the least impressive with its bland sauce and weak cheese. Thus, I recommend ordering the “Mushroom & Onion” and “Margarita” to get the most out of your dining experience.

In addition to the tasty slices, the customer service was superb as the employees were friendly, eager to help take my order and kindly answered my questions.   

There was plenty of seating on the main level, upstairs and outside, with each table decorated with plants in vintage-style tomato bins. My party sat outdoors and was accompanied by upbeat music that was not too loud and not too quiet, making it a pleasant experience. 

Initially, Andy’s Pizza seemed pricey as individual slices range from $4.50-$7.50 and whole pies from $22.50-$32.50 depending on if they are topped with meat. However, for an established, award-winning restaurant, the prices are fair. 

Andy’s Pizza is superior to other pizzas in Bethesda with its 72-hour cold ferment that makes their crust mouthwatering and overall high-quality slices. I will be visiting Andy’s Pizza again, and you should definitely try it for its fabulous crust, delicious pies and delightful atmosphere.