This will be the fourth debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.
Israel-Hamas War topics to look out for in the Presidential Debate
Stella Muzin, Editor-in-Chief • June 26, 2024

The presidential debate on June 27 may seem to be no different from that of the 2020 election, but really, there is so much more for Joe Biden...

Lions On Film: What advice do you have for students entering your current grade next year?
Mia Forseter, Sports Editor • June 2, 2024

Money doesn’t grow on trees
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Ari Kittrie, Managing Editor, Web • June 2, 2024

The end of the school year means juniors like myself will soon need to consider tuition prices for higher education across the United States....

Summer shouldn't be serious
Aliza Bellas, Managing Editor, Copy • June 2, 2024

Since I was seven years old, I’ve spent my academic years looking forward to my three-week session at Capital Camps each summer. Despite any...

Education miscalculation
Education miscalculation
Maiya Blumenthal and Aviv SteinJune 2, 2024

When I went to Israel with my family for the first time in the summer of 2018, I was captivated by the country. Not only did I love walking around...

Bring them home
Bring them home
The Lion's TaleJune 2, 2024

In the midst of all of the protests seen on various college campuses across the country, it seems as though the Israel-Hamas war has become even...

Must-visit museums

The+Museum+of+Illusions+includes+many+popular+photo+opts%2C+allowing+visitors+to+take+some+illusions+home+with+them.+
Cati Werbin-Gradel
The Museum of Illusions includes many popular photo opts, allowing visitors to take some illusions home with them.

Museum of Illusions

On the outskirts of CityCenterDC, the Museum of Illusions displays artwork and structures that mess with the mind. The walls of the museum are covered with brain-boggling paintings, and each illusive structure directs visitors on where to stand for the best photos. For visitors who seek to understand the illusions in the museum, there are signs next to each picture and structure with a scientific explanation. While the price is higher than most museums in the area costing $23.95 for adults 13+, the Museum of Illusions is a unique visit that stands out amongst the numerous Smithsonian museums nearby. 

Phillips Collection

Tucked within Dupont Circle,  the Phillips Collection is an easily accessible art museum with free entry for minors and $20 for adults. The Phillips Collection displays Impressionist, Post-Impressionist and Expressionist modern art that is not too overwhelming as the art displays are spread out across many areas. In addition to art, the Phillips Collection holds concerts on Sundays and Thursdays in their music room and has a cafe for visitors to dine at. The Phillips Collection is a relaxing site full of interesting modern art and is a must-see for art lovers.

National Museum of Health and Medicine

This free entry museum in Silver Spring outlines medicine throughout history through three exhibitions. The exhibit “The Collection That Teaches” uses artifacts to teach lessons about human body parts and military medicine. For a deeper focus on military medicine, the second exhibit, “Military Medicine: Challenges and Innovations,” outlines the development of military medicine over the course of wars. The third exhibit, “The Human Body: Anatomy and Pathology,” is for lovers of human biology, as they display many preserved body parts and their functions. 

Dumbarton Oaks Museum 

Located in Georgetown since 1801, Dumbarton Oaks is a historic museum and garden worth visiting. The museum is split into eight galleries, each representing different artifacts focused on Byzantine and Pre-Columbian history featuring some Persian, Greek and Roman artwork. Each collection has a sign explaining the historical significance of the artwork. The museum’s garden bursts with bright greenery and colorful seasonal flowers, making visitors feel like they are walking into a painting.Dumbarton Oaks Museum is a quick and relaxing visit that provides visitors with pieces of history, art and nature, making it a worthwhile and well-rounded experience.