This will be the fourth debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.
Israel-Hamas War topics to look out for in the Presidential Debate
Stella Muzin, Editor-in-Chief • June 26, 2024

The presidential debate on June 27 may seem to be no different from that of the 2020 election, but really, there is so much more for Joe Biden...

Lions On Film: What advice do you have for students entering your current grade next year?
Mia Forseter, Sports Editor • June 2, 2024

Money doesn’t grow on trees
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Ari Kittrie, Managing Editor, Web • June 2, 2024

The end of the school year means juniors like myself will soon need to consider tuition prices for higher education across the United States....

Summer shouldn't be serious
Aliza Bellas, Managing Editor, Copy • June 2, 2024

Since I was seven years old, I’ve spent my academic years looking forward to my three-week session at Capital Camps each summer. Despite any...

Education miscalculation
Education miscalculation
Maiya Blumenthal and Aviv SteinJune 2, 2024

When I went to Israel with my family for the first time in the summer of 2018, I was captivated by the country. Not only did I love walking around...

Bring them home
Bring them home
The Lion's TaleJune 2, 2024

In the midst of all of the protests seen on various college campuses across the country, it seems as though the Israel-Hamas war has become even...

Kid Cudi does not disappoint with “INSANO”

INSANO+is+the+ninth+studio+album+Kid+Cudi+has+released%2C+and+it+might+even+be+better+than+the+albums+that+precede+it.+Photo+from+Republic+Records.+
“INSANO” is the ninth studio album Kid Cudi has released, and it might even be better than the albums that precede it. Photo from Republic Records.

Popular rapper Kid Cudi returned to the music scene for the first time since 2022 with his ninth studio album “INSANO,” and it did not disappoint. The album offers listeners a taste of many different songs, each with its own unique style, making the album a must listen for everyone. Insano is an album of three different sections each of which gives you something to remember. 

The album isn’t only Kid Cudi; it also includes many other talented artist features with artists like  Travis Scott, Pharell Williams, A$AP Rocky, Lil Wayne, Young Thug and Lil Yachty. Kid Cudi includes a variety of styles into his newest album that made it thrilling to listeners.

INSANO begins strong with the 13 tracks, following a style of “pump up” rap. With many songs that can get listeners excited Kid Cudi does a good job mixing good beats with a good flow of words coming out very strong. 

Showcasing this theme is the 11th track. Here Kid Cudi gives a good mix of beat, flow and Travis Scott. “After the Party” has both Kid Cudi and Travis Scott feeling at home with similar beat styles to Travis Scotts’ “Utopia” Album released in 2023. Along with a great vocal chorus from Pharrell Williams, this song is one of the hits of Insano.

Along with hits from these first 13 tracks, there are some songs that lack that feeling of excitement. A small handful of songs that don’t follow the same electric, “Hype” feeling that makes curtain parts of this Album so good. Although the majority of this first section shows potential for the rest of the album.

Beginning with the 14th track on this album Kid Cudi begins to take a turn for his next 3 songs, following more of a sad style of rap. While Kid Cudi shows skill in changing your emotions these three songs lack strong enough lyrics to pull these songs together. 

The Album closes off with a great “pop” and head bobbing section that brings this album together. The second to last song of the album shows talent and artistry. “Blue Sky” is a very happy and confident song which makes me smile everytime I listen to it. Reminiscent of a summer beat “Blue Sky” reminds me of a song that would be put at the end of a blockbuster movie, and is a great happy ending song. 

From the thrilling songs in the beginning of the album, to slower more emotional songs, finally ending the albums with confident, positive songs. This album does not disappoint. After listening to this album only once, it left a lasting impression on me, leaving me hoping for more. Insano is a work of imagination from Kid Cudi that features many new songs to add to all your playlists.