Considering the high rates of cybercrime, people should keep their social media accounts private.
Share with care: People should keep social media accounts private
Leora Blumenthal, Reporter • February 29, 2024

As I scroll through Instagram, I see User 1981918 commented on a girl my age’s post, “go do the world a favor and kill yourself.” I imagine...

Israels most recent Eurovision win was in 2018, when Netta performed Toy. Photo used with permission.
Opinion: Israel should still participate in Eurovision
Aliza Bellas, Managing Editor, Copy • February 28, 2024

Just ten days ago, I stood in a crowd of over 3,000 Jewish teens watching Noa Kirel perform her hit Eurovision song, “Unicorn.” Although...

Ninio (far right) and family traveled Puerto Rico over winter break during Ninios time at JDS. Photo provided by Gili Schisterman.
JDS welcomes Israeli students relocated due to Israel-Hamas War
Maya Greenblum and Jordana DauberFebruary 28, 2024

As soon as Hamas’ attack on Israel occurred on Oct. 7, the realities of Israeli citizens were flipped upside down, causing a number of unprecedented...

Kid Cudi does not disappoint with “INSANO”

INSANO+is+the+ninth+studio+album+Kid+Cudi+has+released%2C+and+it+might+even+be+better+than+the+albums+that+precede+it.+Photo+from+Republic+Records.+
“INSANO” is the ninth studio album Kid Cudi has released, and it might even be better than the albums that precede it. Photo from Republic Records.

Popular rapper Kid Cudi returned to the music scene for the first time since 2022 with his ninth studio album “INSANO,” and it did not disappoint. The album offers listeners a taste of many different songs, each with its own unique style, making the album a must listen for everyone. Insano is an album of three different sections each of which gives you something to remember. 

The album isn’t only Kid Cudi; it also includes many other talented artist features with artists like  Travis Scott, Pharell Williams, A$AP Rocky, Lil Wayne, Young Thug and Lil Yachty. Kid Cudi includes a variety of styles into his newest album that made it thrilling to listeners.

INSANO begins strong with the 13 tracks, following a style of “pump up” rap. With many songs that can get listeners excited Kid Cudi does a good job mixing good beats with a good flow of words coming out very strong. 

Showcasing this theme is the 11th track. Here Kid Cudi gives a good mix of beat, flow and Travis Scott. “After the Party” has both Kid Cudi and Travis Scott feeling at home with similar beat styles to Travis Scotts’ “Utopia” Album released in 2023. Along with a great vocal chorus from Pharrell Williams, this song is one of the hits of Insano.

Along with hits from these first 13 tracks, there are some songs that lack that feeling of excitement. A small handful of songs that don’t follow the same electric, “Hype” feeling that makes curtain parts of this Album so good. Although the majority of this first section shows potential for the rest of the album.

Beginning with the 14th track on this album Kid Cudi begins to take a turn for his next 3 songs, following more of a sad style of rap. While Kid Cudi shows skill in changing your emotions these three songs lack strong enough lyrics to pull these songs together. 

The Album closes off with a great “pop” and head bobbing section that brings this album together. The second to last song of the album shows talent and artistry. “Blue Sky” is a very happy and confident song which makes me smile everytime I listen to it. Reminiscent of a summer beat “Blue Sky” reminds me of a song that would be put at the end of a blockbuster movie, and is a great happy ending song. 

From the thrilling songs in the beginning of the album, to slower more emotional songs, finally ending the albums with confident, positive songs. This album does not disappoint. After listening to this album only once, it left a lasting impression on me, leaving me hoping for more. Insano is a work of imagination from Kid Cudi that features many new songs to add to all your playlists.