This will be the fourth debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.
Israel-Hamas War topics to look out for in the Presidential Debate
Stella Muzin, Editor-in-Chief • June 26, 2024

The presidential debate on June 27 may seem to be no different from that of the 2020 election, but really, there is so much more for Joe Biden...

Lions On Film: What advice do you have for students entering your current grade next year?
Mia Forseter, Sports Editor • June 2, 2024

Money doesn’t grow on trees
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Ari Kittrie, Managing Editor, Web • June 2, 2024

The end of the school year means juniors like myself will soon need to consider tuition prices for higher education across the United States....

Summer shouldn't be serious
Aliza Bellas, Managing Editor, Copy • June 2, 2024

Since I was seven years old, I’ve spent my academic years looking forward to my three-week session at Capital Camps each summer. Despite any...

Education miscalculation
Education miscalculation
Maiya Blumenthal and Aviv SteinJune 2, 2024

When I went to Israel with my family for the first time in the summer of 2018, I was captivated by the country. Not only did I love walking around...

Bring them home
Bring them home
The Lion's TaleJune 2, 2024

In the midst of all of the protests seen on various college campuses across the country, it seems as though the Israel-Hamas war has become even...

Mindset Matters

Mindset+Matters

Throughout my time in high school, I’ve made many mistakes, intentional or inadvertent, in all facets of my life. I used to beat myself up and had a perpetuating, self-deprecating and pessimistic attitude whenever I did something that I deemed wrong. Even something as small as forgetting to complete a homework assignment or not ending a conversation in what I thought was the best way possible felt crushing. This attitude led me to spiral out of control, making me see myself in a much worse light than what was in reality. I know I didn’t take advantage of the opportunities to learn from my mistakes to the best of my ability.

In the past couple of months, I’ve become more flexible in the way I view any mistakes or changes in my life. It was exhausting to be constantly angry at myself for no logical reason. By letting go of my grudges, I was able to open up my mind to valuable lessons and experiences that I would not have been able to have otherwise. Like Billy Joel said, “You’re not the only one who’s made mistakes, but they’re the only things that you can truly call your own. Don’t forget your second wind.”

With enough intentional effort and work, any seemingly negative change in our lives can serve as a way to learn more about ourselves or our peers. A friend said something that caught you off guard? You didn’t get a grade you wanted on a test and your grade drops as a result? It’s going to be okay. Being introspective and considering all aspects of a situation can help remove yourself from the strong emotions associated with it and therefore allow you to proceed in the most logical way possible.