Rising in the ranks

Aliza Bellas, Reporter

Victoria Simonetti, Head Athletic Trainer & Assistant Director of Athletics:

As incoming Assistant Director of Athletics, Tori Simonetti looks forward to adding a new title to her existing role of Head Athletic Trainer. Simonetti has always been passionate about helping injured athletes recover, but has also wanted to explore new branches of athletics. Simonetti expressed interest in athletic directing back when she first interviewed with Director of Athletics Becky Silberman for the Head Athletic Training position. In her new role, she hopes to get more students involved in sports, increase numbers on JV and middle school teams, and interact more with coaching staff. No matter her position, Simonetti prioritizes her relationships with athletes and believes she can always develop stronger bonds with them. 

Robbie Shorr, High School Math Teacher & High School Jewish Life Chair: 

High school math teacher Robert Shorr looks forward to taking on the position of High School Jewish Life Chair. As Jewish Life Chair, Shorr is excited to organize grade-wide Shabbatonim and continuing to coordinate Kabbalat Shabbat divrei torah. Most of all Shorr is thrilled to continue the school’s traditional Purim festivities. He appreciates the energetic and positive environment in school on that day, and is excited to put his spin on, in his opinion, one of the best days of the school year. Shorr intends to help students disconnect from their technology and stresses in order to connect to something more important: their Jewish community. He is excited to take on a role in which he can contribute to the overall mission of the school. 

Tori Ball, High School Math Teacher & High School Dean of Experiential, Leadership and Service Learning: 

After serving as Assistant Dean for a year, high school math teacher Tori Ball is excited to begin her new position as Dean of Experiential, Leadership and Service Learning. After COVID, Ball appreciates the school-wide events where she can experience the amazing energy of the CESJDS community. In the past, she has enjoyed grade-wide Shabbatonim, Zimriyah, Purim and has felt especially proud of JDS during Kabbalat Shabbat on Fridays. She looks forward to incorporating more of these larger group activities as well as involving more students in programming, voicing their opinions and helping to achieve their visions for the school’s environment. She is energized to see what ideas students have in store, and to see groups get involved with leadership at the school. Something she stresses is that any idea, big or small, is important and should be heard.