Considering the high rates of cybercrime, people should keep their social media accounts private.
Share with care: People should keep social media accounts private
Leora Blumenthal, Reporter • February 29, 2024

As I scroll through Instagram, I see User 1981918 commented on a girl my age’s post, “go do the world a favor and kill yourself.” I imagine...

Israels most recent Eurovision win was in 2018, when Netta performed Toy. Photo used with permission.
Opinion: Israel should still participate in Eurovision
Aliza Bellas, Managing Editor, Copy • February 28, 2024

Just ten days ago, I stood in a crowd of over 3,000 Jewish teens watching Noa Kirel perform her hit Eurovision song, “Unicorn.” Although...

Ninio (far right) and family traveled Puerto Rico over winter break during Ninios time at JDS. Photo provided by Gili Schisterman.
JDS welcomes Israeli students relocated due to Israel-Hamas War
Maya Greenblum and Jordana DauberFebruary 28, 2024

As soon as Hamas’ attack on Israel occurred on Oct. 7, the realities of Israeli citizens were flipped upside down, causing a number of unprecedented...

Boys varsity basketball celebrates senior night with a win

AIMING HIGH With six points in the game against the Washington Waldorf school, senior Ari Blumenthal was one of eight seniors who played a large role in helping the Lions secure a 48-26 victory Monday evening. As one of their last home games of the season, the seniors celebrated their senior night with a win. “[It’s] so nice to have a community within the community, including through COVID, because they did play mostly through COVID, which was really amazing,” Jenn Blumenthal, the mother of Ari Blumenthal said. “He’s been through two different coaches with very different styles, which is really interesting to watch. And everyone’s grown together, which is also special.”