Holiday Gift Registry for the Winter Season

Junior Cami Cohen tries on her new sweater.

Arielle Weinstein, News Editor

Still searching for last minute Hanukkah presents? Want to be proactive about next year’s gifts? CESJDS students reflect on their favorites of the season:

For the movie or theater nerd: a DVD set of their favorite shows.
“My favorite Hanukkah gift that I’ve gotten so far was this DVD set of four classic musicals because I’ve been really into them lately. It had ‘Kiss Me Kate,’ ‘Show Boat,’ ‘Annie Get Your Gun’ and ‘Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.’ I haven’t watched them yet, but I’m really excited.” (junior Elizabeth Warrick)

For the music lover: a vinyl record or small instrument.
“My favorite gift of the season was the ‘Abbey Road’ vinyl. I like music, and the Beatles are one of my favorite bands.” (eighth-grader Coby Siegel)
“I haven’t gotten it yet, but I’m hoping that I’m going to get this ukulele bass. It’s tiny and it’s shaped like a ukulele, but it makes bass sounds.” (senior Miles Waldman)

For the fashionable friend: a comfy sweater or boot socks.
“My mom’s getting me a Patagonia, which I’m really excited about. It’s a sweatshirt and it’s really soft.” (junior Cami Cohen)
“My favorite was a pair of socks. They’re for boots, they’re green and they have two buttons on the top. They’re from DSW.” (junior Maya Arber)

For the gamer: a new Xbox game.
“I got Star Wars Battlefront, which I’m excited to play.” (sophomore Nicolas Escobar)
“On my wish list is Guitar Hero Live, the new Guitar Hero game.” (junior Benjamin Katz)

For the photographer: a polaroid camera.
“My grandma got it for me. It’s light pink, it’s mini and it’s from Best Buy.” (junior Emma Waldman)

For the caffeine lover: anything coffee related.
“My uncle got me an espresso machine, the Nespresso machine. I can make espresso, cappuccino, macchiato, lattes, flat whites, and I do like black coffee.” (junior Jared Bauman)

For the indecisive one: a gift card or a special night out.
“I got an Amazon gift card, and I’ve already bought everything on my wish list.” (seventh-grader Jonathan Morris)
“As a family Hanukkah gift, we’re going to see ‘Matilda’ at the Kennedy Center and I’m really excited about it. Last year we saw ‘Chicago.’” (junior Sophia Godin)