New on Netflix in October

Emily Cohen, Reporter

While CESJDS students spend most of their time at school, doing homework, playing sports and other stressful commitments, Netflix is a go to source of relaxation for many. Since Netflix always has your back when it’s time to binge watch a new series, here’s an update on some of the new content on their site.

New Movies –

Beasts of No Nation: This drama, based off of the 2005 book, is about a young boy who survives a civil war in his country in Africa. He is taken in by a group of mercenary fighters and forced to become a child soldier, and the film follows his experiences in war.

American Heist: This action-packed movie is about a man named James, who after having his brother sent to prison after taking the fall for a crime they both committed together, attempts to change his life for the better. His brother is released from jail after a 10 year sentence, and plans the ultimate heist, threatening to bring James back into the criminal world with him.

Circle:

This horror film is about 50 people who wake up to find themselves in a dark room encircling a machine, unable to move and not knowing where they are or how they got there. Every few minutes the machine kills someone, and the people realize they have the power to vote on who is killed.

New Series –

The Flash:

This show is about a man who after being struck by lightning, has the power of super speed. This series follows his life in fighting crime.

Jane the Virgin: This show is about a 23 year old Latina woman who has her whole life on track. Despite being a virgin, her life changes when she discovers she is pregnant after getting accidentally artificially inseminated during a routine doctor checkup.

iZombie: A medical resident attends a party, unaware that at this party she would become a zombie. Now that she has a hunger for human brains, she realizes that she gains memories from those of the brains she eats. She uses these memories to help solve crimes of their murders, all while pretending to be human.

New Seasons –

The Vampire Diaries (Season 6): This series is about a girl named Elana who after her parents died in a car accident, takes a liking to Stefen, a new guy at school. She doesn’t know that Stefan is a vampire, and while he may be trying to just fit in, his brother Damon is violent and bloodthirsty, and is determined to steal Elena from Stefan.

Arrow (Season 3): This show is about a man named Oliver, who after being stranded on a deserted island for 5 years after his yacht sunk, returns to civilization with a new outlook on life. He retains his old carefree persona, but tries to bring glory back to the city by going undercover to hunt down those who have done wrong.
Supernatural (Season 10): After their mother was murdered by a supernatural being, brothers Sam and Dean are raised by their father to track monsters and other demonic creatures. Sam and Dean are left to fend for themselves once the demon also murders their father, and they rely on each other when new enemies arise.